Become more harmonious with Beau for dressage.
- Teach Beau to bend consistently.
- Teach Beau to relax consistently.
- Teach Beau to focus consistently.
Finesse our showjumping.
- Stop jumping ahead.
- Take my time in coursework, work sweeping turns.
- Stay consistent in coursework (teach Beau to stop rushing).
Teach Beau cross country.
- Actually go cross country with Beau.
- Assuming he works similarly to SJ, work on consistency and tempo.
- Ride defensively (no jumping ahead).
- Take Beau Starter at a mini trial.
- Take Beau 2’6″ at a show.
- Jump 3′ for the first time.
- Score under a 40 in dressage (we tend to tense at shows, resulting in high scores).
- Have a consistent Beginner Novice dressage test.
- Take Beau XC schooling.
What are your goals for 2018? Check back here to see how we do on our goals and if they change at all.